In the hills above Cannes, in a location known as “la Californie”, discover a magnificent residence providing a breath-taking view over the bay of Cannes: the Villa Nevada.
It consists in a 500 sqm villa with a rooftop, and a pleasant 75 sqm outhouse, separated by a terrace with a swimming-pool, and surrounded by a 4300 sqm landscaped garden where it is nice to go for a stroll, and to admire the view over the Mediterranean Sea and the bay of Cannes.
An exceptional setting, at 10 minutes walking from the Croisette, and 20 minutes from the Palais des Festivals.
Enter the History
The villa was built at the end of 19th century and has been the holiday house of the Duke of Albany, son of Queen Victoria – who honoured the house with her presence, of his wife and their daughter Alice, Princess of Albany and Countess of Athlone. The residence has been the property of the Royal Family until 1952. It is now inscribed in the Cultural Heritage Inventory.
Nowadays the Villa Nevada offers to the visitor all modern conveniences, without losing an ounce of its authenticity, as shown by its Art Deco architecture and its harmonious decoration mixing classic and contemporary elements.
The Villa Nevada is luxuriously appointed: five bedrooms decorated in different styles with their adjacent bathrooms, around a lounge-library, a playing room, several meeting and reception areas and a spacious kitchen in the villa, and an independent “Small House” on the other side of the swimming-pool.
|THE LIVING ROOM
A 70 sqm space with a view over the garden and the sea, to entertain your guests or to chill out
|THE DINING ROOM
A discreetly luxurious room with blue walls, mixing traditional shapes and vibrant colours
A Mediterranean-styled space, pleasant and authentic, opening onto a terrace
|THE CABIN ROOM
A triple bedroom (1 double bed, 1 simple bed) with a wooden mezzanine, decorated with soft and relaxing colours
|THE "MASTERS ROOM"
A luxurious and romantic bedroom (1 double bed), with its luminous adjacent bathroom
|THE COCOON ROOM
A cosy and warm-coloured bedroom (1 double bed) for peaceful nights
|THE ARTIST ROOM
A bedroom (1 double bed) designed like an artist studio, with its clean-lined contemporary bathroom
|THE SAILOR ROOM
Two bedrooms in one (1 double bed, 2 single beds) for families, in a pure sailor style calling to dreams
|THE GLASS DOOR ROOM
An outstanding space with a bookshelf and an adjacent kitchen, opening onto a terrace through a large glass door
|THE PLAYING ROOM
A cosy and bright room to watch films or to play with the video games console
Enjoy a relaxing break or a party with a panoramic view over the bay of Cannes
Take a dip in the swimming-pool or a walk in the garden full of secret places
|THE SMALL HOUSE
A quiet and luminous 75 sqm outhouse (2 bedrooms) opening onto the terrace, with a traditional charm
Services and equipment
- Discreet housekeepers
- Alarm system, outdoor video surveillance and remote surveillance
- Towels, tablecloths and sheets provided
Services on demand
- Breakfast, brunch, meal
- traditional ovens, microwave ovens, steam ovens, fridges, freezers and coffee machines
- Dishwasher, washing and drying machines
- Video games room (65’’ screen, Wii U console)
- Connected Hi-Fi stereo system
- Connected TVs, Astra (German and English channels) and Hotbird (Italian, Russian and English channels) satellite networks
- Two library rooms with books
- Ping-pong table
- Secondary room, which can be used as a meeting room (video conferencing)
- Air-conditioning in all bedrooms
- Parking space available for fifteen vehicles
- Centralized electric rolling shutters and lightning
- Stereo system at the ground floor
- WiFi available in both villas
- All bedrooms, living rooms, the studio and playing room are equipped with connected TVs.